Wednesday, September 2, 2009

We arrived in Jerusalem today! Just a few more days before we get home, but checking out from the hotel that's been my home for the past 17 days, I remember something from earlier...

I met with the physician responsible for EMS at the Palestinian Red Crescent Society today. The PRCS is the Middle Eastern arm of the International Committee of the Red Cross. A major sticking point in working with them is that they won't sign M.O. 21, and for good reason: "if I see someone hurt I'm going to help them, whether they've signed the Anti Terrorism Certification or not! That's not providing 'material aid' to a terrorist, as though we're giving them weapons or teaching them to fly in to buildings."

He's got himself a point. It's taking someone from the PRCS to remind me what Jesus taught about our "enemies"...

No comments:

Post a Comment