Wednesday, August 26, 2009

We are seated upstairs at Rukab so we can avoid tempting the people fasting for Ramadan.

"What flavor did you get?" "Mango. What about you?" "Arabic gum." "What's that taste like?" "I don't know, but it seems kinda chewy - here, I didn't lick this part, try it." "It doesn't really have a strong flavor at all, does it?" "No, it's subtle." We're almost to the cone part.

"I didn't think it'd be so... normal. Did you?" "It's funny, I consider myself fairly well-traveled and informed for an American, abreast of the latest news, but this is still more... normal than I thought it'd be. Less austere." "Yes." We finish our ice cream cones in silence.


Although there are still some things that aren't quite right...

1 comment:

  1. Altered name, different logo...and yet it evokes an urge for a Caramel Frappuchino.

    ReplyDelete